A NEW DAY IN PWC
Josh and his wife, Candi, are the proud parents of three children, including a non-verbal teenage daughter with autism.
The Right Candidate
Josh King is an Iraq War veteran, a deputy sheriff, a leader in his local labor union (SEIU), and an advocate for people with special needs. He has dedicated his life to public service, and is ready to fight for the changes we need in Prince William County.
AS SHERIFF, JOSH WILL WORK TO:
- Train a new generation of diverse law enforcement officers to build public trust and make us all feel safer in our community.
- Mandate that officers are trained to interact appropriately with people with special needs or mental illness.
- Ensure students are safe in their classrooms and end the school-to-prison pipeline.
- Work to improve the Veterans Treatment Docket and ensure the veterans on his team have the support they need.
- End the costly and discriminatory 287(g) program that deputizes local law enforcement officers to act as agents of ICE.
- As Sheriff, Josh will terminate the 287(g) program and any other agreement that hurts public trust.
- Deputies will be familiar with where local schools are and how to enter them safely to protect lives and eliminate threats.
School to Prison Pipeline
- There should be a special needs disability docket for court cases and more diversion programs.
- We must encourage all veterans to seek treatment and not demonize, discriminate or shame them for seeking help.